Emerging Lifestyle Diseases and Homeopathy
Over last couple of decades India have seen enormous rise in the number of cases of Lifestyle Diseases. It has been observed that Lifestyle Diseases are prevalent in developed countries. In modern world, people consume junk and processed food, lead a sedentary life and also acquire unhealthy habits and indulge themselves into smoking, alcohol consumption, poor sleeping patterns, and lack of physical activities. Commonest of all lifestyle diseases are Hypertension, Heart disease, COPD, Obesity, Increase Cholesterol level disorders, Diabetes, Stroke, Allergies and Osteoporosis etc. The risk of developing these diseases depends upon various factors which include the Lifestyle at work, Living Environment, Food habits, amount of physical activity and the Stress level.
Dr. Shilpa Pandey represented MyDocZone at Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai and made people aware about the Emerging Lifestyle diseases and how Homeopathy can be effective in curing these diseases. The presentation revolved around how slowly and gradually lifestyle diseases are damaging our health, what measures can be taken to prevent these diseases and finally Dr. Shilpa explained how homeopathy works and why homeopathy is more effective in treating these diseases when compared to conventional healthcare systems.
During the presentation Dr. Shilpa also shared few of the cases solved by her using homeopathic medicines, these cases include Thyroid, Renal Calculi, Urticaria and Hypertension.
Dr. Shilpa addressing the audience at TIFR (Coloaba, Mumbai)
Dr. Shilpa explaining what are lifestyle diseases. The term LIFESTYLE by itself means a disease acquired depending on the lifestyle one leads. The onset of such diseases is insidious and may take years to develop. Lifestyle disorder includes obesity, hypertension, heart diseases, diabetes, anemia, liver disease, anxiety, depression, stroke, allergies, increased cholesterol level, etc
Explaining the causes of lifestyle diseases. It is all coz of sedentary lifestyle we live these days.
Web of causation of lifestyle diseases. Beware, don't get trapped in this web
A Slide on Atherosclerosis - It is deposition of lipid rich substance called as Atheroma, It may become large enough or ulcerate causing thrombotic occlusion.
Hypertension (HTN), a commonest disorder found among people these days. It is raised systolic pressure more than 140mm of HG and diastolic more than 90mm of HG. There are 3 types 1- Primary or Essential HTN – Cause is unknown, 2- Secondary HTN – Cause is known, 3 - White Coat HTN.
Diabetes Mellitus - It is a state of chronic hyperglycemia resulting from a diversity of etiologies, environmental and genetic acting jointly, there is defective production or action of insulin, a hormone that controls glucose, fats and amino acid metabolism. Three types of Diabetes
- Type1: Insulin dependent Diabetes Mellitus (IDDM) – Seen in individual less than 30 yrs of age.
- Type2: Non Insulin dependent Diabetes Mellitus (NIDDM)- affects middle aged and elderly people.
- Type3: Gestational Diabetes Mellitus (GDM)
Obesity - Results due to discrepancy between energy consumption and expenditure over and above that which can be compensated.
Now comes the main part of the seminar, Homeopathy. Dr. Shilpa explaining diagrammatically how a human body behaves when a disease attacks the body and how homeopathic medicines are used to restore the self defense mechanism of body to fight the disease and kick it out. Homeopathy medicines doesn't fight with the disease, instead it makes our immune system stronger and ultimately our own defense mechanism fights with the disease and cures the body.
Dr. Shilpa sharing a case of Renal Calculi. Within 2 days of homeopathic treatment kidney stone was removed. There is no need for patients to go under painful surgery in such cases, homeopathy has potential to remove kidney stone without any surgery.
A case of Urticaria, within 15 days of homeopathic treatment patient got 90% relief.
Dr. Shilpa ended her speak by making people aware about the alarming signs and symptoms which should not neglect and should consult doctor without any delay. On left side image doctor is explaining a symptom of "Engorged neck veins" which is a sign of a high risk of heart attack and stroke. On the middle image doctor is explaining about the signs of chest pain. On the right side image doctor is explaining the symptom of "Lipid deposition around eyes" which is a sign of raised cholesterol level, doctor also warned us for not confusing this with dark circles.
MyDocZone requests all the readers not to get trapped in the web of lifestyle diseases as these lifestyle diseases can easily be prevented by modifying the lifestyle and diet along with proper medications.
- I have been suffering from sarcoidisis?
- Is there a permanent cure for Pilonidal sinus in homeopathy?
- Is there a treatment for Retina Pigmentosa in homeopathy?
- Bartholin Cyst
- Stomach Pain
- Morning sickness and heavy anxiety. I've been taking Thyronorm since around 10 years. One day 25mg and one day 50mg, alternatively. Recently i decided to switch from allopathy to homeopathy medicine. It has been around 20 days and I'm taking both the medicine. Allopathy 20 drops of Thyroidinum. I also used to take Vitamin D and B12 supplements in allopathy and recently shifted to Homeopathy multivitamin - Herbasure 24. But recently I have been suffering from Huge amounts of anxiety and morning sickness. I've not eaten since past week because i can't. I feel like I'll throw up, all the time. Could you tell me whether this is because of the shift in medicine?? Should i continue it or stop and shift to allopathy only?
- I am suffering from bloating after meal even if the meal is light or sometimes even early morning when I have coffee?
- Sebaceous Cyst
- I am suffering from fatigue and low energy. I get insufficient sleep at night. How to build up energy?
- Why does lying on my left side, immediately and completely, relieve my severe abdominal pain? Is this a concern?