Alopecia word meaning is loss of hair and areata means in patches. Hence Alopecia areata means loss of hair in patches.The bald patches occur very quickly,are round or oval in shape and have sharply defined margins.The affected scalp area either looks normal or has a glossy apperence.Alopecia areata(patchy hair loss) can occur anywhere on the skin but the scalp and beard area are the most common location.
Alopecia areata is considered to be an auto immune problem and that can be triggered by bacterial or viral infections,severe stress,trauma to the skin,vaccinations or exposure to any substance that caan become an antigen to the body.oftenly it is found that Alopecia areata is assoisiated with other Auto immune conditions such as vitiligo (Leucoderma),Thyroid problem,Rheumatoid Arthritis,Pernicious Anemia and Diabetes mellitus.About 40-50% of patient with Alopecia areata also have history
of atopic diseases such as skin allergies,Asthma.Genetic and familial dispostion also seems to play a role in alopecia areata.
If left untreated Alopecia Areata may progress further upto Alopecia totalis i.e complete loss of hair in scalp and alopecia universalis i.e complete loss of hair in scalp,eyebrows,beaared and all over the body.
Conventional treatment of Alopecia areata include use of corticosteroids,application of minoxidil solution 5 % etc but none of them prevent formation of new patches and actually curing the disease from its root cause.Homeopathic medicines selected after a full indivualization,symptoms and case analysis which includes physical and mental symptoms and constitution as well gives good and long lasting results.Homeopathic medicines commonly found usefull in this conditions are phosphorus, Flouric Acid,lycopodium,Selenium etc.
Along with medications some Lifestyle modifications such as practising de stressing activity such as doing yoga and pranayam daily for 10-15 minutes, avoiding non veg items esp red meat such as pork,mutton,beef,use of green tea is also helpfull.
- Morning sickness and heavy anxiety. I've been taking Thyronorm since around 10 years. One day 25mg and one day 50mg, alternatively. Recently i decided to switch from allopathy to homeopathy medicine. It has been around 20 days and I'm taking both the medicine. Allopathy 20 drops of Thyroidinum. I also used to take Vitamin D and B12 supplements in allopathy and recently shifted to Homeopathy multivitamin - Herbasure 24. But recently I have been suffering from Huge amounts of anxiety and morning sickness. I've not eaten since past week because i can't. I feel like I'll throw up, all the time. Could you tell me whether this is because of the shift in medicine?? Should i continue it or stop and shift to allopathy only?
- I have been suffering from sarcoidisis?
- Bartholin Cyst
- I am continuously taking Allopathic Medicine for Thyroid problem for last 20 years. Can I switch to homeopathy at this old age?
- I am suffering from bloating after meal even if the meal is light or sometimes even early morning when I have coffee?
- Stomach Pain
- I am suffering from fatigue and low energy. I get insufficient sleep at night. How to build up energy?
- Is there any treatment for headache in parietal region? Not associated with nausea and vomiting. No history of migraine.
- Can homeopathy cure digestive problems?
- Hairfall & dandruff